We are habitual to hide a double chin by putting on a scarf or a high neck and tilting our head a bit to just get a perfect snap where this double chin either is not visible or at least not ruining our snap.
There is no doubt that excess weight is responsible for the excess layers of fatty tissues just under our chin area.
However, skin sagging is also the result of the aging process where our skin tends to lose its elasticity and for some, it is a genetic deformity.
The list of double chin remedies is limitless.
There are various solutions available out there to eliminate or at least reduce this problem for good.
Moreover, these solutions neither be heavy on pocket nor be painful, they will be just effective in the most appropriate way but there are some expensive yet effective treatments also available.
What Is Exactly A Double Chin?
A double chin is basically the presence of a roll of fatty flesh just below an individual’s face.
The double chin is also famous with the name of submental fat.
What Is The General Opinion Toward Double Chin?
Often enough, people happen to establish a connection between weight gain and the double chin and most of the time, they are accurate.
However, sometimes, the appearance of the double chin can be due to heredity characteristics, the process of aging or the wrong posture is likely to weaken the muscles of the chin and neck area.
This poor posture can lead to the issue of double chin over the time, the skin tends to lose its elasticity at a very young age when the muscles are not in use.
A Few Possible Ways To Eliminate Double Chin Problem
- Home Remedies
- Proper Diet
- Double Chin Surgery
A few simple exercises can be helpful. However, there is just a limited scientific research available on the impact of these exercises.
Moreover, these exercises are mainly for the muscles of face and neck area.
Improving or moving these muscles can support fat burning in these regions, and it is highly probable that it ends up being a crucial support in getting rid of a double chin.
1. Chin Slap
- Look in front
- Carefully slap your lower part of the jaw with back of either hand
- Remember, be gentle, and do not hit too hard or too soft
- Repeat this gentle slapping technique at the same and regular pace at least for 30 seconds
2. In & Out
- Make a shape of “V” with the help of your either hand
- Put your thumb on one side and the four fingers on the other side of the jaw
- Make sure, your thumb and index finger are in the same point but on the opposite sides. the pose should be like as you are holding your lower jaw
- Press forward your jaw line by using your neck and head while keeping your hand in place.
- Hold this posture at least for 30 seconds
- Relax your neck and hand
- Repeat the same exercise at least three times
3. Laying Lifts
- Lay down in the straight position
- Keep your face in the upward direction
- Now, slowly start lifting the head up in the direction of your chest while holding your shoulders and back flat on the bed.
- Hold this pose at least for the duration of 10 seconds
- In a very slow motion, go back to your starting position
- Repeat this exercise at least two times
4. The Kiss
- Stand up
- Tilt your head a little in the backward direction or as if you are looking at the ceiling
- Pout or pucker your lips and make a pose of kiss
- Hold this pose at least for five seconds
- Relax your lips and muscles
- Return your head to the starting position
- Repeat this kissing/ pout pose minimum 15 times
5. Stick It Out
- Keep your face in the forward direction
- Open your mouth in little wide manner
- Take your tongue out
- Count for five
- Stick out the tongue as far as possible
- Take the tongue inside over the count of five
- Repeat the exercise minimum ten times
6. Jaw Jut
- Tilt the head back
- Look at the ceiling
- Push your lower jaw line forward to experience a stretch under the chin.
- Hold this pose of jaw jut and count for 10
- Relax your jaw muscles
- Return your head to the starting position
- Repeat this pose 10 times (minimum)
7. Neck Roll
- Stand up
- Bend your head toward your chest
- Slowly tilt your head to the right side
- Hold this position for a count of five
- Slowly back to the position where your head is in bend position and the chin is toward your chest
- Now, slowly tilt your head to the left side
- Hold this pose until the count of five
- Repeat this exercise at least for thirty seconds
2. Home Remedies
There are different home remedies that people use for treating double chin.
1. Cocoa Butter
Regular application of cocoa butter has the tendency to improve the skin elasticity and help on the issue of the double chin.
- Slightly warm the cocoa butter
- let it come in an applicable state
- Massage the cocoa butter into double chin and neck area for several minutes
- Use it twice a day
2. Egg Whites
Egg whites are likely to be helpful in tightening the saggy skin and that is why it can be helpful for double chin.
Moreover, for a healthy looking skin, egg whites are part of great remedy list.
- Beat two egg whites
- Add milk one tablespoon
- Pour in honey and some lemon juice
- Add a few drops of peppermint as well
- Use this mixture on the neck and chin
- Leave it at least for 30 minutes or till it dries
- Clean it with the help of lukewarm water and be gentle
- Pat your skin dry gently once the mask is cleaned properly
3. Sugarless Gum
A workout is not essential only for your bicep, tummy, and thigh area. Well, even your facial muscles need some toning and workout every now and then.
- One of the best ways to keep your facial muscles in the proper shape is chewing a gum.
- Make sure the chewing gum is sugar-free so you can easily maintain healthy teeth, and gums while improving the shape of your facial muscles
- To reduce double chin in a short time period, you may chew the sugar-free gum twice or thrice a day.
4. Wheat Germ Oil
Daily neck massage with Wheat Germ Oil is another quite popular way to reduce the problem of the double chin.
Wheat germ oil is full of Vitamin E and this vitamin is good to nourish and tighten the skin.
Direction to use
- Prior to sleeping at night, massage with wheat germ oil in a gentle manner around the double chin
- Use upward strokes, it means to start from the bottom of the neck and move toward the chin
- Massage at least 10 to 15 minutes
- Do not wash, let the oil be on your skin and sleep
- Use this method regularly to see visible changes
- It is possible to make a mask and include glycerin in it
- Take 1 tablespoon glycerin
- Half tablespoon Epsom salt and a few drops of peppermint oil
- Apply with the help of cotton swab on the neck and chin area
- Leave this mask for at least 20 to 30 minutes
- Wash the mask-applied area with cool water
- To see visible results, use the mask at least 3 to 5 times per week
3. Proper Diet
Well, all the remedies; treatments and other methods are right on their place but you can actually improve the situation by bringing some positive changes into your lifestyle and diet.
As a natural and toxin-free diet has the potential to decrease the appearance of the double chin if this double chin is due to the obesity.
You can bring the following alteration into your diet
Reduce the number of calories that you happen to consume on the daily basis
When you drink good amount of water, the body can easily excrete the fat.
Even in a study that was posted on the journal obesity, confirms that the individuals who happen to drink water just before eating anything tend to lose more weight than those who do not drink water just before their mealtime.
Not only water is really good but as a matter of fact, the foods that are rich in water are also very good, foods like cucumbers or melons are able to detoxify body or at least they help.
4. Double Chin Surgery
Every patient is different and the procedures that are relevant to neck contouring vary from person to person.
Well, it is more about personal preference.
Prices for fixing double chin are quite insane, minimum $1500 to $19,000.
This price tag includes all the relevant expenses related to double chin surgery.
The expenses like lab tests, aftercare, implants, facility, operating room, anesthesia, the fee of the surgeon, and medications are a few good examples.
Discuss with the plastic surgeon to get a customized treatment plan to meet the requirements of your goals. This will give you the exact idea for the amount that you have to pay for the results you are willing to get.
The price of surgery usually will have the following elements in it:
- What your desired changes are
- The procedure that your doctor believes is suitable for you
- Expertise of the surgeon
- Surgical techniques
- Depends upon the fee structure that is common in the area from where you are taking your surgery
- The surgical facility (hospital, room, office, etc) charges
- The form of anesthesia
Luckily, most of the plastic surgery facilities offer patients financial plans, so you do not need to pay all the charges in one go
Note: Confirm the payment procedure from your surgeon’s office before you sign up for having a surgery.
The usual procedures that people opt for.
Mesotherapy is a kind of surgery in which the doctor or surgeon inserts a few substances that happen to dissolve fat in the chin area.
The process duration may reach up to 6 months’ time and some of the patients are likely to take over 100 injections to see significant results
However, if the surgery goes wrong, it has the potential to cause nerve damage.
Liposculpture involves the removal of double chin through the process of suction or in an advanced manner with the laser.
However, Liposcultping will not bring back the elasticity of the skin as it just removes the fat.
The FDA approves Kybella. It is a drug. One treatment of Kybella has around 50 injections that the surgeon inserts into the fat tissues.
An individual is likely to take up to 6 treatments and on the monthly basis.
These above-mentioned options can trigger side effects like bruising, pain, or swelling.
For its maintenance, the changes in the lifestyle are necessary otherwise this double chin problem will occur again.
If you are someone who is willing to say Good-bye to Double Chin problem for good, it is better to improve the lifestyle you have.
So, the chances of occurring this problem will decrease dramatically.