Xenical (Orlistat) is a supplement that is helpful in weight loss through the reduction in the dietary fat consumption.
There are clinical studies that prove that this supplement can improve weight loss in a significant manner.
However, an exercise plan and diet regiment are necessary to get the desired results.
This drug can be used only for the short time period.
When the people take this supplement, their bodies will not be absorbing a certain number of dietary fats calories, rather those dietary fats will excrete through the body.
The expression about this supplement is so far so good but wait before taking any decision, read this review completely to learn about this supplement all what you really need to know about this supplement.
Note: It is marketed as a prescription drug under the trade name Xenical by Roche in most countries, and is sold over-the-counter as Alli by GlaxoSmithKline in the United Kingdom and the United States
Orlistat is the main or key component of Xenical; it needs to be consumed with a low-calorie diet and only recommendable for those who have at least the BMI of 27 or higher and they fall under the category of Obese.
It basically refrains an enzyme that is helpful in metabolizing the fats, that eventually gets removed without digestion through the movements of the bowel.
Besides, it does not have any effects on the calories that are gained through protein, carbohydrate, or sugar.
Need to learn facts:
Xenical is not suitable for pregnancy period as weight loss is not a very wise decision during pregnancy.
People should avoid this medicine if they are already suffering from digestive issues like properly absorption of food.
People should not consume Xenical when they have Gallbladder problems.
Do not use Xenical if you recently have had an organ transplant or if you are using cyclosporine, or if you do not come in the category of overweight people.
Xenical is a component of a weight loss program, in this program; diet, proper exercise and weight control are also present.
Protein, carbohydrate, and fat are three essential macronutrients, and for this plan or program, they should be equally present in the diet of the consumer, in all the three meals of the day.
The consumer needs to follow the diet and the set regimen very closely.
Avoidance of high-fat content is essential in the diet, as the presence of high-fat content in the diet simply can cause unpleasant side effects that are of intestine or stomach.
Prior to taking Xenical:
People who are allergic to Orlistat should not take this medicine as if you have the syndrome of malabsorption (lack of ability to extract nutrients from food properly).
People must avoid this medicine if they have
- Problems related to gallbladder
- If the woman is pregnant
People should not opt for Xenical if
- They are not overweight
- They have had recently a transplantation of an organ
- They consume Cyclosporine
To make it sure, you will not get any side effects; do let your doctor know if you have had
- Gallbladder disease
- Underactive thyroid
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Any eating disorder (bulimia or anorexia)
- Kidney stones
During Pregnancy, the usage of Xenical is not suggestible, the pivotal reason is weight loss during pregnancy period is a complete No-No even if the consumer is overweight.
Do talk to your doctor if opting for any such adventure.
Moreover, Xenical tends to make it hard for the consumer’s body to absorb or accept the vitamins properly.
Well, these vitamins are quite essential for an infant.
So, it is better to consult the doctor.
Xenical is not suitable for anyone who is younger than 12.
What are the directions to use Xenical?
Use this medicine as per its label says, or as per the proper doctor’s prescription.
Do not create your own variation in terms of the quantity of the medicine, it means do not take large or small quantity what your doctor has prescribed you already.
In short, follow the doctor’s prescription religiously.
- Do not share prescribed medicine with someone else just because you feel that person has the same symptoms just as you. However, it may not be the case in the reality.
- Even when you are using it, read all the guidelines, instructions, directions properly, do ask your doctor if have any further query related to the usage.
- Normally, the consumers take Xenical 3 times a day with the meals that each contains a little fat (not more than 30% of the calorie intake that is part of the meal).
- There are two options for taking this medicine; you can take it either with the meal or after your meal. However, if you happen to take a meal that does not contain any fat so it is better to skip the dose with that meal.
- Read the labels carefully and the number of servings per container.
Your health expert can certainly help you to design a healthy diet plan. Store it at the room temperature, away from the heat, light, and moisture.
Side Effects of Xenical:
Immediately ask for the medical assistance, if you are even experiencing the slightest allergic reaction due to Xenical like difficulty in the breath; face swelling, lips, tongue or throat.
Stop the consumption of Xenical and contact to your doctor if you are facing these issues:
- Stomach pain
- Pain in lower back
- Traces of blood in your urine, difficulty or severe pain during urination
- Kidney related issues, swelling of ankles or feet, improper breath
- Liver related issues- feeling of nausea, stomach pain in the upper side, itching, feeling of fatigue, loss of hunger, jaundice (symptoms)
The common side effects that are either temporary or a proof that the medicine is working properly
- Gas or oily discharge
- Unusual bowel movements
- Stomach pain
- Irregularity in the stools
- Visible traces of oil in the stool
- Rectal pain
This is not a comprehensive list of the side effects but just a few of the possible side effects.
In case of overdose:
You had better contact emergency medical attention or phone the Poison Help Line at 1-800-222-1222.
Prior to buying Xenical, It is a good idea to go through the customer reviews, to get a more clear idea what kind of effects are possible.
Moreover, most of the customer reviews tend to be negative, even a clinical study proves that Xenical happens to decrease just six pounds a year.